Roof work caused fire that collapsed Centerville building, firefighters say

in Salt Lake City Arrest and Bail Bond News

Roof work caused fire that collapsed Centerville building, firefighters say

By Erin Alberty
and Bob Mims
The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated Jul 28, 2010 12:11AM MDT
Roof work caused a fire that collapsed much of the Colonial Building Supply building in Centerville, firefighters said Tuesday.
The roofers had used a blow torch to heat a tar membrane on the roof, said Jim Rampton, chief of the South Davis Metro Fire Agency, on Tuesday.
“We believe that it just got the roof itself too hot, and it smoldered for … probably about an hour and a half before it burst into flames,” Rampton said.
The Monday fire caused about  million in damage, Rampton said.
Crews…
Copyright 2010 The Salt Lake Tribune. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Justice – The Salt Lake Tribune

Leave a Comment

You can use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

Previous post:

Next post: